London, United Kingdom, 03 July 2023 – Rise, the award-winning advocacy group for gender diversity in the broadcast media technology sector, is thrilled to share the pairings for its 2023 European programme.
Acceptance into the program grants members access to a range of exciting opportunities, including face-to-face networking events, workshops, and seminars held throughout the six-month duration as well as a minimum of 12 hours of one-on-one time and tailored guidance from their mentor. This year’s mentor cohort possesses a diverse level of experience from the media and entertainment space and are excited to share their knowledge and guidance with the 19 accepted mentees.
The 2023 mentoring programme has been made possible through the generous backing of industry sponsors, including BT Sport, Warner Brothers Discovery, ITV, AVID, BBC News, Black Magic Design, AE Live, Clear-Com, DPP, Deluxe, Grass Valley, Iron Mountain Entertainment Services, SKY, DAZN, Ross Video, SDVI, Gravity Media, Eluv.io, Calrec, Dalet, CVP, disguise, EVS, MOOV, Google Cloud, Red Bee, Vubiquity, Net Insight, Sony, Timeline TV, Pixotope, Brightcove, EMS Broadcast, ENVY, Broadfield, M2A Media, Pixelogic, Skyline, Tential, and Splice.
Donna Smith, Managing Director of Rise, said: “We are delighted to reveal the mentor and mentee pairings for this year’s Rise program in Europe. We extend our heartfelt gratitude to our sponsors and mentors for their support for this year’s program.”
The mentor and mentee pairings for the 2023 European program are as follows:
- Anna Burganova, Customer Services and Booking Manager, Eurovision Services will be mentored by Delphine Calvini, Manager of Broadcast Technology Solutions, BeIn Sports
- Annika Kimpel, Partner Manager, Arvato Systems Digital will be mentored by Stefan Weidner, Senior Director DACH, BCE (RTL Group)
- Catherine Stroobants, Program Manager, Intopix will be mentored by Serge van Herck, CEO, EVS
- Emilie Lemiere Feret, Account Manager, Deluxe will be mentored by Benoît Rousseil, Regional Sales Director SEUR, Ross Video
- Filippa Norrbin, Global Channel Partner Program Manager, Net Insight, will be mentored by Michael Gamböck, Principal Partner Manager, Adobe
- Jin Soon Brancalhao, Senior Technical Marketing Manager, G&L will be mentored by Marlene Neuberger, Executive Director Event and Acquisition, SWR (ARD)
- Kerstin Ebert, Senior Software Quality Engineer, Adobe will be mentored by Stephan Heimbecher, Competence Center Production & Infrastructure, SWR (ARD)
- Linda Toukabri Chibani, Product Owner/Manager will be mentored by Katty van Mele, Director Business Development, Intopix
- Louise Lindberg, Communications Strategist, SKAARHOJ will be mentored by Unni Amundsen, Group Marketing Manager, DEFA AS
- Margarita Ilina, Programme Planner, Viaplay Group will be mentored by Maciej Bral, Senior Business Consultant at Stratosfera
- Mathilde Bonino, Business Analyst / Project Manager, SteepConsult / Proximus Media House will be mentored by Noëlle Prat, Co-Founder and Senior Consultant at MEDIAKERN
- Sanna Tornivaara, Head of Media Technology, YLE will be mentored by Remi Abayomi, Director, Inside Matters
- Sarah Méligne, Business Development & Innovation Director, Bedrock Streaming will be mentored by Marianne Carpentier, CTO & Head of Innovation, Newenn Studios (Groupe TF1)
- Tanja Tix, Digital Asset Coordinator, Moonbug Entertainment will be mentored by Larissa Görner-Meeus, Chief Technology Officer, Proximus Media House
- Jihane Lammate, Software Engineer, Accedo will be mentored by Märta Rydbeck, Head of International Sales, Clipsource
- Johanna Posch, HR Business Partner, Bitmovin will be mentored by Assuncao Loureiro, Managing Director, SeaTheFuture
- Kärt Künnapas, Acquisition Manager, TV3 Group will be mentored by Marie-Louise Hanning, Customer Success Manager, Net Insight
- Leora Glasgow, Production Manager, Red Bee Media will be mentored by Dushi Thangarajah, Senior Vice President, Localisation & Fulfilment, EMEA, Deluxe
- Paulina Kukurka, Technical Customer Support Engineer, Grass Valley will be mentored by Verena Steib, Senior Manager Video Editors, Red Bull Media House
Rise was formed in 2017 to support and promote women working in the non-craft part of the broadcast media technology industry in operations, engineering, sales, marketing and business. Since its conception, Rise has grown to become a global network hosting events at Broadcast Asia, IBC and NAB. In Spring 2019, Rise won the National Women’s Mentoring Award at the National Mentoring Awards.
Rise’s six-month mentoring programme is designed to support women working in, or aspiring to work in, the UK’s broadcast technology sector. Its mission is to raise the profile of women within the sector, to encourage younger women to join or feel that they can progress and break the glass ceiling, to work with manufacturers to highlight the issues and help them to promote a diverse workforce, as well as to work with industry associations to gain traction and give credence, and to become a platform for smaller groups or individuals wanting to promote female diversity and to support groups promoting other diversities.