LOS ANGELES – November 23, 2021 – The Entertainment Globalization Association (EGA), a trade association focused on entertainment globalization, has appointed Bubble Agency, the global PR, marketing and events specialist for the media and entertainment technology and services sectors, as its PR agency of record.
The EGA is dedicated to building a stronger connection with the creative talent that entrusts the media globalization industry to “retell” their stories for audiences in different cultures and languages. Its main areas of focus are creating standardization, conducting localization research, creating industry education opportunities, and celebrating high-quality localization for episodic, feature-length, and gaming entertainment.
Led by Bubble Agency’s Head of Americas, Kim Willsher, and Senior Account Director, Laura Cabarcos, the Bubble Agency team will focus on raising awareness of the EGA among content creators, with a particular focus on promoting EGA Insights Committee’s consumer research.
“EGA conducts ongoing research to give content creators a deeper understanding of the impact globalization has on entertainment audiences,” said Chris Fetner, EGA’s Managing Director and a former Netflix executive who spent nearly a decade supporting the company’s localization efforts. “Bubble Agency’s deep expertise in the media and entertainment technology and services industry will help us raise awareness of these insights so that creatives can understand where there are opportunities to better entertain their global audiences.”
Bubble Agency’s CEO, Sadie Groom, added: “As demonstrated by global hits like Squid Game, localization has never been more important for the media and entertainment industry. The EGA has quickly established itself as the authority on media localization standardization, research and education, and we’re looking forward to raising awareness of its important work among content creators.”
This new client win follows significant growth for Bubble Agency in 2021. Other companies that have appointed Bubble this year include:
- Advanced Systems Group (ASG), the leading provider of solutions, systems and services for media production and post in the U.S.
- iWedia, a leading provider of world-class software solutions for connected TV devices
- Mark Roberts Motion Control (MRMC), a Nikon Group Company
- Singular.live, the pioneer of revolutionary cloud-based technology for live graphic overlays
- Workflow Intelligence Nexus (WIN), a leader in media workflow automation
- Xencelabs Techologies Ltd., which develops innovative professional digital design tablets and accessories