Award-winning directors of photography already relied on these devices, so the next logical growth market for Atomos was the prosumer camera space. Bubble collaborated with Atomos on an integrated communications strategy combining media relations, social media, product reviews and branding to reach the right press and influencers in the prosumer and camera enthusiast markets – with the ultimate goal of bringing the Atomos brand from Hollywood to the home.
Bubble Agency created a targeted and strategic plan that followed a three-month timeline
for broadening the Atomos brand into the prosumer market. Key elements included:
- Drive new prosumer traffic to the Atomos website from key press and influencer sites to build ongoing audience engagement.
- Identify and engage with key target media outlets to build relationships, generate meaningful editorial opportunities, and enable Atomos to “join the conversation” in the prosumer market.
- Bubble built a database of UK- and US-based media outlets whose editorial focuses ranged from technical product reviews, hands-on tutorials, applications of photo creativity and individual shooting techniques.
- Bubble initiated a comprehensive media outreach plan, consisting of direct journalist contact, 1:1 media breakfast sessions with Bubble reps and/or Atomos team members, and a product reviews program.
- Bubble developed an Influencer Program, inviting bloggers, press and consumers to webinar sessions, and created a Brand Ambassador Program, actively engaging with three top influencers and providing them with an ‘Atomos kit’ to use and promote.
- Bubble created the “Engage with Atomos Academy” program, inviting key influencers to create “how-to” videos that were shared on the Atomos site to build prosumer community engagement.
- Additional Bubble strategies included: speaking opportunities at prosumer-focused events, securing product coverage in Black Friday and other holiday gift guides, and raffles.
Through its media relations and social media efforts, Bubble exceeded all program goals and metrics:
- Secured editorial coverage in all identified key press outlets
- Exceeded editorial coverage goals by 30% compared to metrics set at program outset, including reviews and commentary opportunities
- Increased traffic to Atomos’ website
- Expanded Atomos’ brand reach to include the prosumer influencer community, identifying three Atomos brand ambassadors, and successfully engaging them to promote Atomos products