Build Scalable Experiences of Any Size, Using the Same Tools Powering the Immersive Illuminarium Experience
LONDON –March 28, 2023 – Today,disguise announces the launch of EX 3 – a 4K video playback solution designed specifically for location-based experiences and fixed installations. Whether it’s for an art show, entertainment venue, or office lobby, EX 3 unlocks the scalability of the full disguise platform, which has powered more than 600 immersive experiences in more than 50 countries. The platform – which includes disguise’s Designer software, newly-launched APIs, and the disguise Cloud collaboration toolkit – lets creatives benefit from an end-to-end workflow from concept to delivery, so they can bring their vision to life from one connected platform.
“Creative studios increasingly have to deliver a wider variety of projects,” says Raed Al Tikriti, Chief Product and Technology Officer at disguise. “With the EX 3, we’ve made doing this easier and more accessible than ever. Even if you only need video playback for an hour, you’ll be able to design, edit and deliver scalable installations, all without leaving the disguise platform.”
Featuring three 4K video outputs suitable for both projection and LED displays, each EX 3 is designed to playback video with minimal latency. Depending on the needs of the show, additional EX 3 machines can also be added and synced together to scale out the video playout. Work at scale and be able to make changes to content on the fly from Designer without changing the system infrastructure. This is also helpful should you wish to run concurrent shows on the same system.
“Displaying high-resolution video on a building, LED stage, or event space can make a massive difference to how immersive your final experience is,” says Al Tikriti. “With EX 3 you can do this while being flexible for whatever tomorrow brings. You can build your video sequence and make changes on the fly in Designer; share 3D previews of your stage in the cloud with our Previz app; and even build custom show control with our APIs. Then, you’ll be able to trust that the EX 3 will map it all out onto any canvas – at pixel-perfect quality.”
The Benefits of EX 3 include:
- Easier playout to large canvases – Thanks to its genlock support, multiple EX 3 machines can be synced together, letting you playback 4K video at scale, with minimal latency.
- More flexibility for custom experiences: Use disguise APIs to build additional applications on top of EX 3. Operators can easily customize workflows with tools to schedule content, monitor the health of the system, and more.
- Stress-free collaboration: EX 3 unlocks access to the full disguise platform. Users can sequence videos using Designer, then share them via disguise’s Previz app, which lets you preview the final result in 3D space. All project content will be stored and collated together in disguise Cloud, so it’s all in one place.
- More creativity and scalability: Make content changes on the fly with Designer, without the need to change your infrastructure, so that experiences can be evolved over time. The EX 3 can also be used alongside OmniCal, disguise’s camera-based projector calibration system, to align their projectors to sub-pixel accuracy in just minutes.
- 24/7 world-class support: As well as cloud storage and easy collaboration, EX 3 unlocks disguise’s 24/7 support with a highly-experienced team based all over the world, which has been helping to deliver events for more than 20 years, as well as local service centers and server loan programs to ensure any project will run without a hitch.
First announced at ISE in Barcelona in January, the EX 3 is available to buy today. For more information, contact disguise at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about the new solution here.
disguise is a real-time production platform delivering the next dimension of visual experiences, bridging the physical and the virtual. Its award-winning extended reality (xR) solution has powered over 600 immersive real-time productions across live entertainment for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, film and episodic TV productions for Netflix and Amazon Prime, corporate presentations for Siemens and Verizon, and live broadcast programs from Eurosport, MTV and ITV, in more than 50 countries.
With an ever-increasing global partner network and working alongside the world’s most talented visual designers and technical teams in live events, TV broadcasts, films, concert touring, theatre, fixed installations and corporate and entertainment events, disguise is building the next generation of collaborative tools to help artists and technologists realise their vision.
Recipient of the Engineering, Science and Technology Emmy Award and Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation, disguise is backed by investment firm Carlyle Group, with Epic Games taking a minority stake.
For more information, please visit www.disguise.one.