– The Awards recognise excellence in creating inspiring videos and live streams with NewTek technology by students across the UK –
NewTek announced the recipients of the annual 2019 Education Awards during The Media Production Show, held at London Olympia.
Launched in October 2017, the NewTek UK Education Awards recognise excellence in creating engaging videos or live streams with NewTek technology, by students and staff at colleges and universities across the country. The awards were open to any UK educational establishment faculties and students in the categories of Media Production, Sports, News and Community, Teaching Materials and Distance Learning.
The 2019 NewTek UK Education Awards winners include:
- Best Video 2019 – “Up The Archer”, weekly sports roundup highlights: by Sport Broadcast MSc students at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Tutor of the Year 2019 – Lukas Burks, Technician Demonstrator, Sports Broadcast MSc, at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Best Entertainment Content– “Shotgun Sally”: by the Screen School, London College of Communication students.
- Best Factual Content– “The Wymering Manor Investigation”: by University of Portsmouth students.
- Best Live Broadcast– “NHS 70 Live” by University of Portsmouth students.
- Best Live Broadcast (under 18s)– “The Record” by students at Wiltshire College, in Chippenham.
- Best Sports Content– “Up The Archer”, weekly sports roundup highlights: by Sport Broadcast MSc students at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
This years’ Tutor of the Year winner, Lukas Burks, Technician Demonstrator, Sports Broadcast MSc at Cardiff Metropolitan University, said, “The NewTek software has been incredible for us. When we purchased it, we had several key ambitions all designed to help replicate ‘real world’ TV broadcast situations and create industry workflows.”
“We wanted to create a live stream weekly chat show, sports news roundups, and livestream sports matches through the TriCaster onto our Facebook and Youtube channels,” said Burks. “We needed the ability to run VT inserts, cut multi-camera studio chat and links, add virtual backgrounds, insert lower naming graphics, monitor sound, and more. NewTek’s has allowed is to do this and prepare the next generation of Sports Broadcasters.”
All of the student winners of the UK Education Awards received a certificate and plaque during the presentation at The Media Production Show this afternoon. Students from Cardiff University will also be awarded two days of in-depth technical training on-site and demos of the latest NewTek products.
“The judges and I were very impressed with the selection of videos submitted this year,” adds Liam Hayter, Workflow and Solutions Architect at NewTek. “We saw originality and creativity across the board, from students all around the UK, all produced with NewTek technology. At NewTek, we’re committed to providing the next generation of media professionals with the best technology for learning, and these awards reflect the success of that commitment. We are already looking forward to the inspiring and diverse videos we will be sure to observe next year.”
As the leader in IP video technology, NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications, to virtually any place people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses faster than ever before.
Clients include: the New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and more than 80% of the U.S. Fortune 100.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit: www.newtek.com, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr or connect with us on Facebo