~Awards recognise women who are stand-out performers, innovators and leaders in the global broadcast and media industry~
June 10th 2019 – Rise, the award-winning advocate group for gender diversity within the broadcast manufacturing and services sector, is pleased to announce the launch of its inaugural Rise Awards, now open for entries at risewib.com/awards. The Rise Awards, in association with Avid, are sponsored by Adobe, Avid Customer Association, Clear-Com, Grass Valley and Ross Video.
Submissions and nominations are encouraged from across the global broadcast audience to showcase talent in a variety of roles whether in a manufacturer, service provider or broadcaster. The awards are free to enter and nominations will close on Monday July 15th. The winners will be announced at IBC2019 on Saturday September 14th at an event in the RAI with a drinks reception sponsored by Ross Video.
Rise is seeking nominations across the following categories:
- Engineer – This award recognises a high achiever, problem solver and team player who represents the very best of the broadcasting profession. Sponsored by Clear-Com
- Marketer/PR – Open to any woman working in a marketing or PR role in the industry either in-house, or for an agency/freelance, that has excelled in their role
- Technical Operations – For a technical operations team member who has gone above and beyond the requirements of their day-to-day role to make a difference
- Saleswoman – Open to any woman in a sales role in the broadcast industry working for either a manufacturer, service provider, broadcaster, media publisher, or tradeshow
- Business – Open to any woman in the following roles – CEO, Managing Director, COO, Owner and anyone whose role means that they are running a business in the broadcast industry (either manufacturer, broadcaster or service provider). Sponsored by Adobe
- Rising Star – This award will recognise those that can demonstrate exceptional and ongoing achievements that have made a significant contribution to their business (must have worked in the industry for less than four years). Sponsored by Avid Customer Association
- Woman of the Year – This special award is open to any inspiring and extraordinary woman across the sector, at any level, for making a significant difference in her field or to the industry. Sponsored by Grass Valley
Entrants can be nominated or they can nominate themselves. All applications will require statements on the nominee and why they are relevant for the award, as well as a testimonial from a client or colleague. The judges, across the categories, are looking for the best demonstration of exceptional achievement, innovation, positive impact, and the ability to portray entry requirements.
The winners will be announced at the Rise Awards Ceremony held Saturday 14th September during IBC 2019, at the RAI, with drinks and arrivals beginning at 4:30pm.
If you have questions about the awards, or are interested in sponsoring Rise, please contact Carrie Wootten, Director of Rise, at email@example.com
Rise was formed in 2017 to support and promote women working in the non-craft part of the broadcast industry in operations, engineering, sales, marketing and business. Since its conception, Rise has grown to become a global network hosting events at Broadcast Asia, IBC and NAB. In Spring 2019, Rise won the National Women’s Mentoring Award at the National Mentoring Awards.
Rise’s six-month mentoring programme is designed to support women working in, or aspiring to work in, the UK’s broadcast technology sector. Its mission is to raise the profile of women within the sector, to encourage younger women to join or feel that they can progress and break the glass ceiling, to work with manufacturers to highlight the issues and help them to promote a diverse workforce, as well as to work with industry associations to gain traction and give credence, and to become a platform for smaller groups or individuals wanting to promote female diversity and to support groups promoting other diversities. www.risewib.com