—Awards seek to highlight originality, creativity and technical ability in the education sector—
SALFORD, UNITED KINGDOM – 31 OCTOBER 2017 – NewTek today launched its 2018 UK Education Awards to recognise excellence in creating engaging and inspiring videos and live streams by students and staff at colleges and universities across the country. Award entries must be created using NewTek’s TriCaster® or 3Play® systems and be submitted by 17 January 2018.
“There is incredible content being created in the education sector using NewTek technology, with real innovation being shown by both students and staff. We want to recognise this inspiring work,” commented Chris Waddington, senior director of Sales for NewTek. “NewTek is passionate about encouraging the next generation of media professionals. We’re excited to support them as they come up through the ranks and push the boundaries of their creativity by giving them the tools to tell their unique stories to the world.”
The Awards are open to any UK educational establishment faculties – regardless of discipline – and to students (with the permission of their tutor). They offer five entry categories:
- Media Production – any genre (news, drama, etc.) created as part of a media production course
- Sports – judges will be looking for video that captures the excitement and action of competitive sports
- News and Community – how the organisation communicates internally and to its local and extended communities
- Teaching Materials – video as an intrinsic part of classroom teaching
- Distance Learning – building a content library to reach an extended audience and to provide accessible material for the future
Video entries can be of any length, and will be assessed by a judging panel made up of technical broadcast experts on four key criteria: originality; creativity; production quality; and technical ability.
Winners will be announced on 31 January 2018 and the awards will be presented at BVE, Excel London, 28 February.
Category winners will receive a NewTek UK Education Awards 2018 certificate and plaque, plus a goody bag for the team. Winners of the top prize across all categories will be awarded:
- NewTek UK Education Awards 2018 winners certificate and plaque
- Invitation to BVE Expo 2018 (www.bveexpo.com) with travel, entry, lunch, and prize for the winning team (for up to 10 participants) plus a demo of newest NewTek products and plenty of time to explore the rest of the show
- Two days of in-depth technical training on site
- The course leader will be recognised as the NewTek UK Tutor of the Year
- A written case study describing the winning entry and team for UK/Global promotion and inclusion in the NewTek blog and education newsletter
Details on how to register your interest and apply for an application form can be found here.
As the leader in IP video technology, NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications, to virtually any place people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses faster than ever before.
Clients include: New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and more than 80% of the U.S. Fortune 100.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit: www.newtek.com, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr or connect with us on Facebook.
- NDI, TriCaster, TalkShow, 3Play, LightWave 3D, and Broadcast Minds are registered trademarks of NewTek, Inc.
- MediaDS, LightWave, and ProTek are trademarks and/or service marks of NewTek, Inc.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.